Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
Mike (zonerary) tells us: My favorite recipe, but very rich flavor.
- 1½ cups butter softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 8oz bag toffee chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 - 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
(Preparation: 10 Minutes. Cooking: 85 minutes)
Directions for Carmel Drizzle:
- Preheat oven to 325 deg; spray a 12 cup Bundt pan with cooking spray with flour
- in a large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars beating until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mix to batter in large bowl, alternately with milk, beating until just combined.
- Stir in toffee bits and pecans.
- Spoon batter into pan and bake 85 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. (To prevent excess browning, cover cake with foil while baking.)
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spoon Caramel Drizzle over cooled cake.
- In a medium saucepan, combine condensed milk and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently.
- Reduce heat, and SIMMER for 8 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Remove from heat; whisk in butter and vanilla. Remove from heat; whisk in butter and vanilla.
- NOTE: Make sure you drizzle the caramel while it's still HOT. When cooled the caramel does somewhat harden.
Contributed by Mike (zonerary)