Slow Oven Pork Ribs
Since I found this recipe a while back, any time I want ribs I cook them with this method. It is slower, but so simple it is ridiculous.
- 2 racks pork ribs, any style (About 1.25 kg or 3 lb)
- Preferred seasonings (salt, peppers, garlic powder, etc)
- Preferred barbequing sauce (BBQ, Sweet and Sour, Honey-Garlic, Chipotle, etc)
(Preparation: 10 Minutes. Cooking: 3 hours 15 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Cut ribs into 3- or 4-rib chunks.
- Season with preferred seasonings.
- Place ribs, meaty side down, in a single layer, into baking pan
- Add ¼ cup water to pan.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil and place in oven. Cook for 2.5 hours.
- Remove from oven. Remove foil. Pour of excess fat and juices. Baste ribs with chosen barbequing sauce. Flip ribs using tongs and baste meaty side.
- Return to oven, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Baste upper side once more during this time.
- Serve over savory rice to suit chosen sauce.
The original recipe called for 4 hours cooking, but I found they were just TOO tender. I like to be able to chew my meat a little. I would also enjoy chewing yours!
Contributed by Ted