Bob Lively writes:
The Roguefort Quiche is originally from Julia Child's Mastering the Art of
French Cooking, Vol. 1. It is really simple and something I used to make
a lot when I was in law school because it was satisfying and cheap. Here
- 3 oz Roquefort cheese
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or green onions
- 1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 8" pie shell, partially baked till starting to color
(Preparation: 15 Minutes. Cooking: 30-40 minutes)
- Have all ingredients at room temperature for smoother blending.
- Belnd Roquefort, cream cheese, butter, and heavy cream with a fork.
- Beat in 3 eggs.
- Add salt and pepper and chives or green onions and cayenne pepper.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture into partially cooked pieshell.
- Bake in 375 deg ooven for 30-40 minutes until quiche has puffed up and top has browned.
When I was in law school i used to serve this with a honeydew and spinach
salad. The sweetness of the melon offset and complimented the richness of
I was too busy getting ready for this dinner or I would have taken
pictures. I guess I could take one of my belly as an après-dinner photo. lol
Contributed by Bob Lively