Joining Movies (or any segmented files)
There's not as much call for this info these days, as I no longer allow uploading and downloading of full movies, but if you do need to do it, here's how:
You can recognize segmented files by their suffixes. They look like this: Filename.avi.001, Filename.avi.002, Filename.avi.003 etc. The three numbers after the file type indicate their position in the sequence. You might be able to play .001 without rejoining, because it contains all the information for the whole sequence, but you won't be able to play the others.
Joining a movie with HJSplit (Windows) :
You can dowload HJ-Split here: Download HJ-Split
Joining a movie with AJoiner (Mac):
- First you must put HJSplit and movie parts in the same folder.
(You can use the desktop - but I have a folder labelled "join", where I keep HJSplit and all downloaded movie parts.)
- Double click on HJSplit – it will open a window.
- Click "join". Another window opens – "File Join".
- Next to the words "input file" is a box with the word "unknown" in it, click on "unknown".
- A new window opens – browse to and click on the first file name you want to join. This opens in the file name box below.
- Click "open". The window closes. You are back to the "File Join" window. The file name has appeared where the word "unknown" was.
- Click "start". A new window opens saying "joining". A little box will appear stating "joining completed". Click "O.K.", and close both HJSplit windows.
- The joined file will be in the folder (or on the desktop, if you used that). You can now delete the file segments if you wish.
- It's now time to enjoy the movie! Open it in your favorite player and away you go!
You can download AJoiner here: Download AJoiner
(To be honest, I don't know if this app works in the latest OS. Try it!)
- Put all the segments in the same folder.
- Start AJoiner.
- Use the AJoiner File menu to open segment .001 OR drag file .001 onto the AJoiner icon in the Dock.
- If it doesn't automatically join the segments, click Start, Join, or Combine
- The joined file will be in the folder you selected (or on the desktop, if you chose that). You can now delete the file segments if you wish.
- It's now time to enjoy the movie ! Open it in your favorite player and away you go!