Honeydew and Spinach Salad
Bob Lively says:
Here's the accomanying salad for the Roquefort Quiche I used to make in the 70's:
(Serves 2- 3)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery saly
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 cups honeydew melon balls
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
(Preparation: 15 Minutes. Cooking: 0 minutes)
- Toss spinach, zucchini, and melon balls in a bowl.
- Combine oil, celery salt, mustard, and kosher salt, and pour over salad greens and melon.
- Sprinkle salad with the chives and toss well.
- Chill and serve.
Ted's comment: I used green onion tops instead of the chives and added a tablespoon of chopped walnuts. It was great!
Contributed by Bob Lively