Creamy Potato Lasagna
I must admit I just made this recipe the day I'm posting it... the most work intensive part of this recipe is the prep time about.. 30 mins, but the end result is awesome!!
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce ( I used roasted garlic)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and sliced lengthwise about 1/8 inch thick (peeling optional)
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ cups diced ham ( or 1 pound ground beef browned and drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli
- 2 cups shredded cheese ( I used Cheddar Jack cheese)
(Preparation: 30 Minutes. Cooking: 90 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the Alfredo sauce and milk. Spread a thin layer of the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Then layer 1/3 of the potatoes over the sauce in the dish. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the meat (or veggies of your choice), broccoli and 1½ cups of cheese. Mix well and spread 1/3 of this mixture over the potatoes in the baking dish. Then top with another layer of potatoes, followed by the meat or veggie mixture, finally topping all with the remaining cheese and Parmesan cheese. Pour the remaining Alfredo sauce over all.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 60 minutes, then uncover and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degree C) for additional 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
*Ted's note: I think I'd probably go with Swiss cheese. It combines better. So hang the expense!
Contributed by Bart (macleod39)