Cheater Mini Quiches
My lazy alternative! [to Ted's Christmas Quiche]
I've never mastered pastry making but this is a quick (lazy?) but expensive alternative, great for brunches, pot lucks and bake sales
- 2 doz. prepared (frozen) pastry tarts
- 1 carton "Egg Creations" (equivalent to 9 eggs, in plain or spiced with peppers etc. sometimes on sale for $1 at No Frills)
- ½ cup finely chopped green peppers
- ¾ cup crisp cooked crumbled bacon OR
- 150 g small cooked shrimp
- 1 cup light cream or half-and-half
- 1 cup grated cheddar or other suitable cheese
(Preparation: 30 Minutes. Cooking: 30 minutes)
- Place tart shells in their foil cups on a cookie sheet.
- Distribute bacon OR shrimp evenly among the tarts shells.
- Distribute green peppers evenly among tart shells.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of cheese into tart shells.
- Mix eggs and light cream together thoroughly and share amongst tart shells.
- Bake in a 375 deg. preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
*Ted's note: These can be cooled, frozen; then thawed and re-heated in a 250 deg oven for 25 - 30 mins.
Contributed by Ron Crawford