Potluck Potato Casserole
This recipe was in the Amish column of an Indiana newspaper, where Chayton came across it. He tried it out on the guests at a "pitch in" meal. He reports that "Everyone loved them and none to bring home. I did get a few bites and
must say it tasted delicious."
(Serves 8 - 10)
- 1 pound of peeeled potatoes (4 cups)
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups diced Velveeta Cheese
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- ¼ cup melted butter
(Preparation: 20 Minutes. Cooking: 45 minutes)
- Cut up peeled potatoes, cook until almost tender, allow to cool enough to handle, then dice into cubes (½" to ¾") as for potato salad and place into a 13"x9" (2.8 litre) casserole dish.
- While the potatoes are cooling, mix thoroughly in a large bowl butter, salt, pepper, onions, soup, sour cream, and cheese.
- Pour liquid ingredients and cheese over diced potatoes in casserole. Mix well.
- Top casserole with crushed cornflakes.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes after removing from oven.
- Serve as a side dish.
Despite the cries of horror from some members, I'm sure this would be as tasty as Chayton says. I love cheesy potatoes!
Contributed by Chayton