Sweet and Sour Tomato-Cucumber salad
Small side dishes of this salad are a piquant addition to Individual Christmas Quiches listed in the entrees section.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 2 heaped tablespoons brown sugar
- coarse ground pepper
(Preparation: 20 Minutes.)
- Slice tomatoes, cucumber, and onions.
- Place alternating layers the 3 vegetables into a large bowl,
sprinkling each layer with a little of the brown sugar.
- Grind pepper over all.
- Mix vinegar and water to a 25% solution, enough to cover the vegetable layers. Pour over the vegetables until
they are fully covered.
- Allow to marinate 4-12 hours.
Contributed by Ted